Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fixing things and heart

I feel rather good right now. I’m pinning this feeling on multiple occurences and “actions”. I feel rather free from the media. I don’t even have my television connected to the cable. I’ve never been so unmuddled and unbrainwashed by american commercialization. I do watch tv shows, but only dvd’s of smallville, or shows that have been stripped of their commercials through my media center computer. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to watch normal television again. Another thing, is I feel I’ve become a man recently. I’ve grown apart from my parents, into something completely my own. I feel God’s breath in me, and I keep getting scents of something much greater than myself that I feel I must find and begin work on. When I work with my hands and do things I previously though impossible, It’s breathtaking. Fixing things is my passion. I finally worked on my truck today, and figured out how to wire an extra DC outlet into the old cigarrette lighter, so I can have my gps and my ipod plugged in on long trips. I ended up removing the entire dash, and then I fixed the bumper which had been bothering me for ages. I’ve had a passion to get fit lately, and I went to check out a water rower with a coworker at his gym. I found a way to get one pretty cheap online, where you rent it for 10 bucks a month, and after 3 months you can buy it for practically nothing. I’ve been looking for a sustainable exercise I enjoy and that would give me enough exercise to keep things in good shape. Running is only temporary, and with the problems I have with my ankles I know I shouldn’t push myself to run too often. Girls....

My life is really full right now. I feel very satisfied, and excited about the future. Work is fulfilling as well. I’m designing a church, a big one, all by myself mostly, and I feel like I’m really getting a chance to put my engineering mind to the test.

No comments:

cracker friends

cracker friends
Influences